Monday, February 2, 2009

First Mondays

This weekend I finally made my first trip out to Canton, TX for the
first monday trade days. I really thought I knew how big this thing was, but people were right when they said it is impossible to cover the entire grounds in one day. It is the biggest and best flea-market-funnel-cake-people-watching-extravaganza you could ever imagine!! There were hardcore regulars, people with carts (or scooters) filled to the brim and entire family in tow... including thier dogs. The food was amazingly bad= sooo good; I think we did pretty good with our choices of homemade lemonade, loaded baked potatoes and a chocolate shake :). We did our best to take it all in and explore the unending-ness in a total of 6 hours.

Funny thing is, we started out at what actually ended up being my favorite section of the place: the antique, trash to treasure, garage sale area. I made some very exciting finds! Got an old camera for my mom's "travel" themed room, vintage scarfs, a shelf, some old paint chipped windows, a piece of rusty tin, and some other various items. AND i *love* them all! Not only was my body aching by afternoon, but my mind was exhausted from all of the sensory overload! I can't wait to go back :)










No comments:

Post a Comment