Saturday, January 17, 2009

A brief synopsis of the past few days:
  • Wednesday I was at Northpark Mall for the day... one of the horrible perks of working in the fashion industry ;). My coworkers and I go to scope out our competition and buy "inspiration". My piggy bank was looking pretty sad this week, so I was restrained from doing any personal shopping. That was probably a good thing actually. We went to all of my favvvvorite stores and I was practically drooling over Anthropologie's home decor. It is just a great mix of colorful, happy, retro-inspired things. 
  • I have now reached a place in my life where I almost love buying things for my home over new clothes....wow.
  • On Friday I was lucky enough to leave work at 9:00 am because it was moving day. I have only worked for JCP for about 8 months, and this is the 2nd time my team and I are being shuffled around. This time we are moving to the opposite end of the building, but our new desks are much bigger so that is nice. It is refreshing to clean out your desk and be in a new environment every once in a while. I want to put some effort into decorating my new space ... I'm thinking maybe i will go with a theme... a collection of gnome figurines would be a nice touch ... dontcha think?! :P
  • Friday I did some running around and also did some fantastic frugal shopping! Finally replenished my apt. with groceries, got some things for my desk at work, some new shoes at Marshall's, AND bought some clothes at Old Navy. They were having a crazy sale on their clearance things - half off the already reduced prices! Gotta love that...
  • Strolled through JCP and found out that my work was out in stores finally!!! :) Girls Arizona 7-16 clothing with my graphics and prints! I almost tinkled my pants.
  • Today I got a library card and checked out my first book! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment